Received date: August 03, 2017; Accepted date: September 26, 2017; Published date: September 30, 2017
Citation: Hamidpour R, Rashan L (2017) A Unique Natural Remedy that Alleviates Varicose Vein. Transl Biomed Vol 8: No. 3:127. doi:10.21767/2172-0479.1000127
Varicose veins are swollen, twisted veins that become highly visible just underneath the surface of the skin. This common condition can occur in any part of the body, but varicose veins are usually found in the legs. Varicose veins are most commonly caused by a weakening of vein valves and vein walls. While varicose veins are usually not serious, common symptoms include mild to moderate pain, swelling, and itchy legs. A variety of treatments are available to patients. Lifestyle changes and different medical procedures can reduce pain and improve the appearance of the skin. Forms of alternative medicine are also known to help treat varicose veins. Chamomile 5 capsules and ointment are newly developed herbal remedies that have been shown to relieve symptoms of varicose veins. Pars Bioscience is pleased to be the first to make these novel remedies commercially available.
The development of varicose veins is often caused by a weakening of venous valves and walls. Damaged valves allow blood to flow back and pool in veins, causing them to swell. Weakened vein walls are longer, wider, and less elastic than normal; this causes the flaps of valves to separate, leading to more pooling of blood and swollen, twisted veins. Risk factors that increase one’s chances of developing varicose veins include old age, gender (women), family history, obesity, and long periods of inactivity [1,2]. Mild pain, swelling, and unsightly skin are normally the only symptoms of varicose veins, but occasionally other, more serious conditions like dermatitis and thrombophlebitis (venous blood clot) can also develop. Treatment for varicose veins varies depending on severity. Exercise and weight loss are two lifestyle changes that can reduce pain and prevent other varicose veins from forming . For patients with more serious complications, several medical procedures can relieve pain and improve the appearance of the skin. These procedures include sclerotherapy, laser surgeries, and vein stripping, among others . As Chamomile 5 proves, alternative medicine can also be an effective treatment for varicose veins.
Chamomile 5 is available as capsules or ointment (Figure 1). Both have been clinically proven to help strengthen venous walls, reduce the visibility of varicose veins, reduce inflammation. Further, they reduce and prevents varicose veins on the ley, help in discolouring the varicose vein and also participate in healing and antiulcer effect. This product may also help in boosting the immune system and help in building new cells [3-14]. Images of the two products and more information on their therapeutic effect can be found below. Chamomile 5 is a unique natural remedy that can be used for mild to moderate cases of varicose vein.
Chamomile 5 has two formulations;
• Topical dosage forms which consists of the following ingredients: Horse chestnut seeds; Aloe vera extract; Mentha piperita; Chamomile oil plus honey and other excipients.
• Capsule dosage form which includes different ingredients compared to the topical and as follows: Calendula officinalis; Witch hazel leaves, fennel seeds extract, chamomile flowers extract and black seeds (Nigella sativa).
Chamomile capsules are a safe and natural based remedy that contains a blend of selected complimentary herbs that showed potential anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, immune boosting, and healing effects.
• Helps in strengthening and maintaining vein wall
• Helps to reduce the visibility of the vein on the surface of the skin
• May increase venous tone and vascular protection
• Improves microcirculation and capillary flow
Indications: Mild to moderate varicose vein.
Chamomile 5 topical consist of five well researched and clinically substantiated herbs and additives. The Chamomile 5 topical form was tested on more than 650 patients suffering from spider and mild varicose veins. This natural remedy showed diversified functions on subjects suffering from spider and varicose veins.
According clinicians who have used this product over the last five years, Chamomile 5 has shown the following properties:
• Potential anti-inflammatory and healing properties
• Significantly reduces symptoms like sensation of heaviness, pain, and edema.
• Has vasodilatory activity, which can be due to its antioxidant property.
• Improves vascular tone and lymph drainage due to the high contents of flavonoids.
• Reduced the appearance of the thread veins under the skin especially the superficial ones.
• Helps in discolouring the varicose veins within 2-3 weeks
Whereas, Chamomile 5 capsule-form again it consists of five well-researched herbs. This product was tested on more than 250 patients suffering from mild-moderate varicose veins.
According to feedback from clinicians who have used over the last three years it seems that it has the following features:
• Potent anti-inflammatory activity
• Significantly reduced legs edema.
• Showed hypocholestrolemia and antiatherogenic and cardio-protective properties
• Boosting the immune system.
• Antioxidant properties
On the other hand, it was observed a synergistic effect when both preparations are taking alongside with each other and in many ways. This was clinically observed on more than 86 patients treated by both Chamomile 5 forms.
Side effects: Minor side effects were reported in some cases when taken oral form. Stomach and abdominal pain (3% to 5%) have been reported.
Contra indications: No precautions or contra- indications can be attributed to the use of Chamomile 5.
Dose: Oral-three capsules daily after meals. Topical: three to four times daily.
Chamomile 5 ointment is a unique natural preparation which consists of a mixture of horse chestnut, bee wax, aloe vera extract, and chamomile oil with different ratios. In addition, it contains other ingredients (excipients and preservatives). As indicated in the published literature horse chestnut strengthens blood vessels and reduces the appearance of thread veins. Aloe has a potent healing and antiulcer effect. Further, Chamomile plays an important role in boosting the immune system and has an anti- inflammatory effect. Whereas, sesame oil helps build new cells and produce prostaglandins. It also has antioxidant properties since it contains many fatty acids.
Uses of Chamomile 5 ointment
• Strengthens the blood vessels.
• Reduces the appearance of the thread veins under the skin.
• Has anti-inflammatory effect.
• Reduces and prevents varicose and spider veins on the legs.
• Helps in discolouring the varicose veins.
How to use Chamomile 5 ointment
• Put small amount of the ointment at the affected areas. Lightly massage it until the ointment disappears.
• No need to use any pressure while massaging delicate veins.
• Apply the ointment 3 to 4 times daily.
• You will start to see results within only 4 weeks’ time and continue to see and feel healing effects over several months. Some veins will completely vanish within 4 to 8 weeks, some may take longer and therefore, we advise long term treatment in severe cases.
• We prefer if the patient raises his legs during the rest time.
Contra indications: No contra indications from using the ointment were reported even if used as adjunct with other pharmaceutical preparations.
Interaction: None reported so far.
Side effects: Chamomile 5 ointment is generally well tolerated and has no side effects.
Why use natural herbal supplements: Using up to date manufacturing methods, herbal remedies are now safer than any man made or synthetically developed pharmaceuticals. These remedies are 100% natural, organically grown, and safe for your body and your family because all-natural products have little adverse effects compared to synthetic ones. These herbal products are 100% natural, safe, and inexpensive.